The First Latina Sorority in the Nation!
Washington, D.C. - Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. has been selected as a Bright Spot by the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics -Lambda Theta Alpha is selected as a Bright Spot in Hispanic Education.
• Founded at Kean University, in NJ in December of
• Lambda Theta Alpha was the first sorority ever
created to cater towards the needs of Latinas in the
• The purpose of the organization is to create a
support group for women in higher education and
unite the community on campus.
• Lambda Theta Alpha was established as an
• Although Lambda Theta Alpha is Latin by
tradition, the sorority is inclusive to all women
regardless of race, color, creed, sexual orientation
or religious beliefs.
• Lambda Theta Alpha was founded on the
principles of Unity, Love, and Respect.
• Lambda Theta Alpha's National Philanthropy is
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
• Lambda Theta Alpha has a unique call,
hand-signs, and performs traditional salutes,
chants, and strolls (party walks).
• Lambda Theta Alpha is a fully insured
organization which covers all of its chapters.
• Lambda Theta Alpha has established Alumnae
"Universal women. Redefining sisterhood."